Monday, September 24, 2007

A huge need!

Last night my husband gave a jaw dropping, rock my socks off lesson. His sermon gave me the chills. It made me realize a few things and one of those things is that our youth group needs more girls. I am the high school small group leader and last night I had my small group discussion with one person. That one person is an amazing and beautiful inside and out person but we need more girls. There is like 20 high school guys and I may be luck to have 3 come. What do we need to do to get more girls to come to youth group??
My hearts desire is to impact girls in away that they realize that God has so much instore for them. I want them to see that God is so much bigger then they thing. God can be your dad, your best friend, you love and your home. You just have to allow him to be big in your life. I want girl's to realize that no matter what they think that they are beautiful and that God loves them and made them the way they are for a reason. God is your prince and he can wisk you away to be a princess if you allow him too.
All of this is something that I learned near the end of my high school years and it helped me so much when it comes to finding a perfect soul mate. By finding out that God is my prince and I am his princess it made me realize that my husband is suppose to treat me like a princess and that I deserve the best.
High school is a hard time for girls because there is always someone that is more popular or someone that doesn't like you. At that time you are just getting over a time where you aren't comfortable in your body and things are changing and you don't understand why. Why not discover why, while you discover a relationship with the love of your life, Jesus.
One of the greatest investments of your life is having a relationships with God and making sure that your friends go with you to heaven. What a party it will be in heaven when you find out your friends are with you and it's because of you.
I am hoping that there will be more then 1 or 2 people this coming Sunday but we will see. My desire is for the girls to finally out number the guys. Stay tuned to see if it will happen!!

No comments: